I have never been a morning person, even before kids, but throw in midnight nappy changes and 4am feeds and that morning sun streaming in through the window is even less welcome! So I really need something to kickstart my day, and my green juice paired with cereal is just not cutting it. This smoothie still has the benefit of my greens, but adds in some other superfoods as well; this smoothie really gets me going for the day, and keeps me full right until lunch.
In a blender or with a stick blender, combine:
- 1 banana
- 1 cup frozen berries (I usually use a mix of blueberries, raspberries and blackberries)
- 1 large handful of baby spinach
- 1 small pot of homemade yogurt
- 2 spoons of almond butter
- 2 spoons of LSA mix
- top up with skim milk or kefir
And this is the result: creamy, yummy goodness!
This is also great for the kids; the pink “milkshake” is wonderful way of sneaking in some really good superfoods that they may not like.