This Apricot and Berry Crumble is fantastic when you have unexpected guests, (or, if you are like me, want dessert – stat!) since everything is from your pantry and freezer basics. This is so easy, that with 5 minutes prep, and some waiting around with bated breath while it bakes, you have a warm and comforting dessert on the table!
300g Frozen berries (no need to thaw)
1 tablespoon cornflour
2 tablespoons caster sugar
825g can apricot halves in juice, drained
130g wholemeal flour
100g rolled oats
40g dessicated coconut
90g raw sugar
- Pre heat oven to 180 C/350F
- Toss frozen berries with cornflour and sugar in a 2.5 L (2.4 quart) oven-proof dish. Stir through apricots, and then bake for 10 minutes.
- Mix remaining ingredients in Thermomix, speed 4 for 15 seconds (or rub butter with fingertips into other ingredients until crumble forms).
- Spread crumble onto of fruit and bake for a further 10 – 15 minutes until golden brown.
- Perfect served with custard or icecream!
You can use any frozen berries with this crumble; its really great with mixed berries, and raspberries are super yummy as well.
PS: the pic is of the crumble mix before I spread it on the fruit – lucky I took it, since the cooked crumble was being dug into while I was getting my phone to take a pic!!