These Apple Poffertjes are so easy to make, and so easy to eat!! I used my Thermomix and an electric Dutch Pancake maker (which you can see in the left of the picture), but if you don’t have these, they would be easy to mix by hand and then fry in a frypan like little pikelets. These are also great the next day, but will deflate a little bit.
2 small apples (cored and cut in quarters) – I used Galas, and left the skin on but peel if you like;
250g milk (1 cup)
50g rice bran oil (or other neutral flavoured oil)
1 tbs dried yeast (2 sachets or 14g)
150g wholemeal flour
- Place apples in mixing bowl of Thermomix and chop for 3 sec/speed 4.
- Scrape into a medium sized bowl
- Add remaining ingredients to mixing bowl and knead for 2 mins.
- Add chopped apples back into mixing bowl and knead for 1 mins.
- Leave to prove and rise for 20 mins.
- Preheat Pancake maker then make according to pancake maker instructions. For mine, I use about heaped tablespoon of batter, and cook for a couple of minutes on each size.
To make by hand, grate apples coarsely. Mix remaining ingredients together with a wooden spoon, or with the paddle attachment on a stand mixer. Stir in apple, then follow rest of Thermomix instructions.