This Tuna, Zucchini and Tomato Spaghetti is another dish that is made up of mostly pantry ingredients, and is so simple to put together, that even on those nights that takeaway seems like a quick option, this will be just as quick, and almost as easy!
If your kids don’t eat fish, get them to try this spaghetti, making sure to flake the tuna into very small pieces, since it almost will “disappear” into the spaghetti.
Tuna, Zucchini and Tomato Spaghetti
1 zucchini, julienned
1 clove garlic, crushed
500g tinned tuna (3 medium tins), drained
6 small (or 4 large) roma tomatoes, seeded and chopped
Shaved Parmesan and basil to garnish
- Cook spaghetti in salted boiling water until cooked. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup cooking water.
- Meanwhile, in a large frypan, saute zucchini and garlic over medium heat for about 2 minutes until garlic is fragrant and zucchini is cooked.
- Toss through tuna and tomatoes, until warmed through.
- Add drained pasta to tuna mixture, together with the reserved cooking water, a good slurp of olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with shaved Parmesan and basil, then serve immediately.