I thought I would share the following weight loss tips which are from the June issue of Madison magazine. They seem like great tips that anyone could incorporate into their lifestyle, even if they are following a specific weight loss program like Weight Watchers or Jenny Craig etc.
- Reduce your overall carbohydrate intake, particularly sugars and starches.
- Increase your protein intake.
- Reduce your intake of saturated fat.
- Eat sufficient amounts of good fats everyday such as nuts, avocados and oils.
- Follow a structured resistance training program at least once per week.
- Perform cardiovascular exercise before breakfast at least three times per week.
- Wait an hour to eat after you exercise to maximise fat burning (but no longer that one hour as your metabolism will decline).