Pumpkin Spice Loaf
1 cup self raising flour
1/2 cup wholemeal self raising flour
2/3 cup caster sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup vegetable oil
1 cup cold mashed pumpkin
- Preheat oven to 160C (300F). Grease a 21 x 10cm loaf pan and line base and sides with baking paper.
- Sift flours and baking powder into a large bowl, and then stir in sugar and spices.
- Using an electric mixer, beat eggs and vanilla in a medium bowl until light and creamy. Gradually add oil in a thin stream until smooth and thick.
- Fold into flour mixture together with pumpkin. Spoon into prepared pan.
- Bake for 1 hour or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for five minutes, then invert onto a wire rack to cool completely.