I just made this yummy low fat pasta for dinner, serving it with some steak for my husband (who must have meat with every meal lol). The recipe took about half an hour (about 5 minutes prep only) because I used wholewheat pasta, but if you used white pasta, i think it would take about 15 minutes ony. I found it at the Carnation website.
· 375 g penne pasta recipe
· 1 Tbsp oil
· 2 cups chopped pumpkin
· 1 onion, chopped
· 1 red capsicum, chopped
· 375 mL CARNATION Light & Creamy Evaporated Milk
· 1/2 cup water
· 1 Tbsp cornflour
· 1 Tbsp whole grain mustard
· 1/2 cup basil leaves
· 1/4 cup toasted pinenuts
· 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1. Cook pasta according to directions on packet, drain, keep warm. Heat oil in pan, add pumpkin, cook until golden brown. Add onion and capsicum to pan, cook 2 minutes.
2. Add combined CARNATION Light & Creamy Evaporated Milk, water, cornflour, mustard and salt, bring to boil stirring, simmer 2 minutes.
3. Toss pumpkin sauce through pasta with basil and half of the pinenuts.
4. Season to taste, serve topped with remaining pinenuts and cheese.