Hi everyone! Long time no see, and my apologies for that, but life has been super crazy!! I thought a good post to ease us all back in would be another installment of Mask Monday product reviews and today I am sharing a real winner with you, Dr Dennis Gross’ Hyaluronic Marine Hydrating Modeling Mask. Hydrating, cooling and just plain fun, this is an effective beauty product and weird science project rolled into one!
This mask is unique and involves a little bit more work than usual, but the results are outstanding; so much so that I am now onto my second box. It’s made up of two packets; a gel and a powder, that you mix in the (included) bowl right before applying. Apply to a clean face, and then watch as it turns from a goopy blue goo into a rubbery sheet that my kids love peeling off at the end!
According to Dr Dennis Gross, the mask is:
A gel + powder transformative mask that delivers intense hydration to your skin. Transforms from a gel texture to a solid, peel-off mask through a cooling chemical reaction in which an oxygen exchange removes impurities from the skin. Containing algin and hyaluronic acid, it delivers essential minerals and elements, and boosts moisture levels. Parched, lacklustre skin is left firm, plump and supple and the appearance of dry surface lines and pores minimized in just one treatment.
And it delivers on all of these claims! You definitely feel the cooling effect as it sets on your skin, and once removed, my skin felt baby soft, plumped and refreshed, a feeling that lasted overnight and through into the next day. I have been using it weekly over the change from summer to autumn, always a problematic time for my skin, and it not only instantly makes my skin feel so much better, it has improved its texture and radiance over the past four weeks.
Application of the mask is simple
- To use, mix the Hyaluronic Cushion Gel (Step 1) with the Activating Powder (Step 2) in a bowl.
- With the supplied spatula, immediately spread the formula in a thick, even layer on clean, dry skin. Start from the bottom of your face and working upward strokes, avoiding the eye area.
- The thicker and more even the application, the easier it is to remove the mask.
- The mask sets in about 5 minutes, but leave on for up to 15 minutes for maximum hydration.
- To remove, lift off the mask and wipe away any excess with a damp cotton pad.
- Follow with your regular skincare regime.
I highly recommend the Hyaluronic Marine Hydrating Modeling Mask whenever you need an extra boost of hydration and radiance. It would also be the perfect mask to use before a big event to really perk up your skin.
US$46/AUD$67 for 4 treatments.
Linking to these great websites here