If there is one thing that every mother of young children can agree on, its that they could all do with more energy. At this time of the year, as we rapidly approach the Christmas rush, this is all the more true. So here are 5 quick energy boosts to help make this period somewhat easier!
- Eat breakfast – you’ve heard it a thousand times before, I know, but it’s right. And when I say breakfast, I’m not talking a bowl of sugary cereal, but a good wholesome energising breakfast. Porridge, yoghurt, fruit, eggs are all good starting points.
- Get some exercise in – when you are feeling low in energy, exercise can seem the last thing you want to do, but it will make the world of difference. A quick walk or a dance around the lounge room with your kids will really boost your energy.
- Have a cold shower – at the end of your hot shower, blast yourself with cold water. You are probably reading this thinking “you’ve gone bonkers” but trust me and try it.
- Cut out processed foods – get rid of the sugary and salty processed foods. They aren’t good for you, and they are the ultimate energy sappers. Stock your fridge and pantry with healthy snacks to reach for instead.
- Salute the sun – a few quick yoga cycles of the Sun Salutation series will really wake you up, can be done anywhere, and only takes minutes.